Virtual Air Guitar Company
Based in Helsinki, Finland
March 29, 2017
Air Guitar Warrior is part music game, part scrolling shooter and full of rock attitude. Players will wield air guitars that double as weapons on a quest to find a legendary sword-guitar and challenge Heavy Metal Zeus at the top of the Temple of the Rock Gods.
Back in 2006, three university students wanted to build an air guitar game that would make rock stars out of everyone. Virtual Air Guitar Company was founded... yet disaster struck its first project, and it was never released. Now, after 11 years and 11 games, we've finally released a game with air guitars in it!
- 50 hand-painted levels, ranging from post-apocalyptic ruins to the pits of pandemonium
- 21 vehicles including dinosaurs, sharks with lasers, tigers and jet-powered crocodiles, featuring different gameplay for flying and ground vehicles
- 13 giant bosses
- 8 guitar weapons, each with 5 tactical fire modes
- 10 album covers that you can star in
- Full custom soundtrack by Mika Tyyskä / Mr. Fastfinger and Samppa Siurala with 19 tracks ranging from classic rock to heavy metal
- The guitar responds to your playing - choose slow or fast, rhythm or lead, or bend backwards to trigger destructive rapid fire
- Scroll direction can be changed to support both right-handed and left-handed playing
Official Trailer YouTube
How to play air guitar - WARRIOR STYLE! (gameplay trailer) YouTube
Soundtrack preview YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Press Release 2017-03-14: Air Guitar Warrior brings rock’n’roll, flaming guitars and shooter mayhem to Xbox One
Air Guitar Warrior on Twitter
Air Guitar Warrior on Facebook
About Virtual Air Guitar Company
Virtual Air Guitar Company is a Finnish indie studio specializing in motion games, from full-body action to precise fingertip control. The company was founded in 2006 by computer vision and virtual reality researchers.
More information on Virtual Air Guitar Company, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Air Guitar Warrior for Kinect Credits
Design and Programming
Mika Tyyskä / Mr. Fastfinger
Voice of Heavy Metal Zeus