Virtual Air Guitar Company
Based in Helsinki, Finland
North America: November 29, 2014, Europe: December 6, 2014
Boom Ball is a lighthearted, full-body Kinect game that mixes tennis, Breakout and gratuitous explosions.
Virtual Air Guitar Company's entry to Xbox One and self-publishing on ID@Xbox began its life as a finger-controlled game for the Leap Motion Controller. After a graphics upgrade and a complete overhaul of the gameplay to better fit the physical full-body control of Kinect, Boom Ball for Kinect had become a completely new game, even though the core idea of hitting bricks with a ball had remained the same.
- Throw and bounce balls to smash all the cubes and blow up all the bombs in 55 different levels.
- Guest starring: Explosions! Portals! Multiballs! More explosions! Ducks!
- Anyone can play, regardless of age or height.
- Doesn't require much playing space.
Boom Ball for Kinect Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "I have no hesitation in recommending this fun game to everyone."
- Lurkio, Superjoon
- "The amount of control and precision you have is incredible, and everyone who develops games for the Kinect 2.0 should be required to play this."
- Steve, XboxFitness.org
- "Boom Ball for Kinect gives the Kinect platform a newfound sense of hope. It is fun, addictive, and successfully and masterfully utilizes Kinects features."
- afalcon90, MCO Reviews
- "It is the first game I've bothered to use my Kinect for since getting the One"
- Dannie Kitten, DK Plays Games
- "Anyone can just walk in front of the Kinect and hit a ball from the youngest to the oldest, and that is why Boom Ball just works."
- Johnny Walsh, Mouse N Joypad
- "Optimized really well with Kinect, works great in small and big rooms."
- Alan Walsh, Rectify Gaming
- "... podemos afirmar que qualquer idade é super bem-vinda ao game e, vale a pena cada centavo investido."
- Juan De Souza, TFX Brazil
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
About Virtual Air Guitar Company
Virtual Air Guitar Company is a Finnish indie studio specializing in motion games, from full-body action to precise fingertip control. The company was founded in 2006 by computer vision and virtual reality researchers.
More information on Virtual Air Guitar Company, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Boom Ball for Kinect Credits
Design, Programming - Virtual Air Guitar Company
Programming, Testing - Virtual Air Guitar Company